Reducing the Carbon Footprint
CFR’s revolutionary carpet extractors are environmentally superior and socially responsible. With CFR’s innovative recycling, moisture-controlled extractors you’ll:
- Eliminate the environmental impact of high-volume chemical and water usage by as much as 85%, achieved through CFR’s revolutionary four-stage recycling filtration;
- Reduce the impact of harsh chemicals with the use of CFR’s specially patented, Enviro-Chemical line formulated exclusively for CFR’s extractors;
- Recover up to 50% more cleaning solution than traditional extractor tools and wands for drier carpets;
- Diminish health issues and the development of mold, bacteria and allergens in carpets through the moisture-controlled wand and
tool atomization process, resulting in healthier indoor air quality and drier, safer floors.
- Minimize waste-water being dumped into sanitary sewers.
- Decrease transportation and storage related activities due to the reduction of chemical and water usage.
What Is Green Cleaning?
Green Cleaning is an approach to cleaning that utilizes environmentally
preferable cleaning products and methods to ensure the health of indoor
environments and building occupants. Green cleaning practices can include the
Less use of harsh cleaning solvents;
Use of HEPA filtration systems to preserve and enhance indoor air quality
Use of recycleable and reuseable machine components;
Use of energy-efficient motors;
Source reduction (creating less environmental waste).
With CFR, Clean Is Green
Green cleaning practices avoid the use harsh cleaning solvents or methods that generate
excessive dust or toxins to escape into the air, which can damage IAQ and can
be especially bad for occupants who suffer from asthma or allergies. Through
innovative product development, CFR fully supports green and healthy
cleaning practices that provide environmentally sustainable benefits to
end-users across many market segments including office buildings, schools,
hospitals, hotels, retail and other facilities. Many of CFR's industrial
cleaning machines are green-certified and qualify for Leadership in Energy
and Environmental Design (LEED) points.
CFR's Environmental Sustainability Statement View PDF 176 KB
AICS Green Cleaning Glossary of Terms 2007 View PDF 196 KB
Green Cleaning Articles
10 Ways to Become a Greener Building Service Contractor View PDF 68 KB
"Green" Does Not Mean They Are All the Same View PDF 140 KB
Green Homework View PDF 232 KB
Green Cleaning Starts with a Green Planning Process View PDF 196 KB
Greening a Facility View PDF 144 KB
Greening Floor Care View PDF 196 KB
Greening Floor Care With Products and Equipment View PDF 236 KB
Implementing a Green Cleaning Program View PDF 140 KB
Moving from Green to Sustainable View PDF 140 KB
Taking the First Step into Green Cleaning: Definitions View PDF 1 MB
What to Look for When Purchasing a Commercial Vacuum Cleaner View PDF 1.3 MB